VKOZ is an all-round events and communication agency in Rotterdam. We organize various events for profit and non-profit organizations and take care of the communication around them. There are situations in which your data is collected by VKOZ. It is therefore good that you know what is being done with it and how you can indicate your wishes regarding your data.
In this privacy statement you can read everything about how your personal data is collected by VKOZ and how it is handled. We explain where your data is stored and for what purposes your data is stored. You will also find your rights with regard to your data and how you can make use of those rights.
Purpose of your data
VKOZ collects personal data for a number of purposes:
• We send newsletters by e-mail. These newsletters are on the one hand commercial and on the other hand aimed at knowledge sharing. Your first name and e-mail address are collected via the appropriate form on the VKOZ website. In addition, as a relation of VKOZ you can be registered to receive the newsletters.
• When you contact us via the contact form on the VKOZ website. This form only asks for the necessary information to contact you, such as your name, email address, subject and message.
• The VKOZ website collects data to improve it. This is done with Google Analytics. These data are anonymous and are therefore not bound to your personal data.
• All data is only processed with your express permission or for the execution of the agreements that are entered into, or because processing is necessary to bring you into contact with potential relations.
Management of your data
The data we receive and process is managed through:
• Mailchimp: VKOZ newsletters are sent with Mailchimp. When you sign up for the newsletter, your e-mail address and first name are automatically saved in the appropriate list within Mailchimp.
• Vevida: VKOZ’s website and e-mail are hosted at Vevida. If you contact us via the forms or via email, the relevant data and emails will be stored on Vevida’s servers.
We keep your data for a longer period of time, but never longer than is necessary for carrying out activities or if we are required to store your data longer due to a statutory regulation.
• Your email address and first name are stored in Mailchimp. The storage of this data is indefinite. You can unsubscribe whenever you want via the link at the bottom of the newsletter or by sending an email to email@example.com.
• When you contact VKOZ by e-mail, the data that you send, such as your name, company name and e-mail address, will be stored on the mail server. Those emails are stored for five years via Vevida.
• The data collected by Google Analytics on the website is anonymous, so it is not linked to you. This data is stored indefinitely within Google Analytics.
Security of your data
No physical copies are made of your personal data. Your data is only managed in the aforementioned systems and software. The data managed by us or by the aforementioned third parties is only accessible through the above software and is password protected and where possible with two-step verification. The devices that open your data are each also locked with a password and / or fingerprint. The number of devices that have access to your data is limited to only the necessary devices. In addition, your visit to the VKOZ website is secured by an SSL certificate.
• Right of access: you have the right to request your data at all times that are recorded and stored at VKOZ. You can do this by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Right to rectification: if your details are not correct or if they have changed, you have the right to have this rectified by us. You can change your details about the newsletter via the appropriate link at the bottom of each newsletter.
• Right to transfer: if you need the data that we have stored in case you switch to another party or service, you have the right to transfer. We need to transfer all your data to the other party.
• Right to erase data: if you no longer want us to record your data, you have the right to have your data erased.
• Right to file a complaint: you have the right to file a complaint with the Dutch Data Protection Authority if you believe that VKOZ does not handle your data correctly.
• Right to stop data use: if you do not want us to use your data, you have the right to stop using it
We process personal data on the basis of a legitimate interest, namely a commercial interest. Think of offering services via e-mail. Your data will never be sold to third parties. The data that is required to provide is the minimum data required to provide our services. For example, your email address is required to send the newsletter. If this mandatory information is not provided, we cannot offer the relevant service. If it is necessary that the data that you have shared with VKOZ also be shared with others than the above-mentioned parties (for example, offering a service), you will first be asked for permission. VKOZ reserves the right to disclose the data when required by law or when VKOZ deems it justified to comply with a legal request or to protect the rights, property or safety of VKOZ. We always try to respect your right to privacy as much as possible.
Do you have any questions about our privacy statement? Please contact us via email@example.com.